Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh my...CRICKET!

The spider crickets are finally disappearing from my house. I'm pretty sure it is just a bit too cold and they plan on visiting me again in August.

Today I had a little surprise though. I went into the storage closet at school to get some paper for Cara (the 3rd grade teacher I work with). I started lifting up the flap of the box to get the paper and out jumps a cricket! I don't know how I stopped from screaming. I jumped as far away from it as I could. I didn't want to go back to class empty handed so I thought I would try to kill the spidery looking thing. I couldn't find anything so then my brilliant idea was to kick the box and get the cricket to jump somewhere else. It worked so I QUICKLY lifted up the flap of the box and grabbed some paper so I could bolt out the door. As I was walking back to the class, I realized my heart was pounding AND I had grabbed way to much paper. Hopefully Cara just thinks I wanted to be helpful so she wouldn't run out again rather than thinking I am crazy :P

Just in case you forgot what my little friends look like I included the picture of them again!

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh.

    I would have ran out screaming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That thing is FREAKY.

    This is Ryan's wife if you're confused about who "Sarah" is!

    ReplyDelete