Friday, October 28, 2011

Definitely Unexpected!

Today was my last day at work. I'm starting my new job at a school for autism on Monday. I didn't realize how close I got to the kids in just 2 short months. It was hard to say bye and there were A LOT more tears than I thought. As I was walking out to my car and then later talking to Ben about it, I realized I have never had such a hard time saying bye to a group of kids. I then realized that these kids are special. They really need good teachers who care about them and they grow especially close to those teachers. I hope they know how much I love them!!

4 comments:

  1. I was hoping this was going to say "Definitely unexpectedly expecting." That would have been awesome! Otherwise this post is pretty ho-hum. :) Just kidding. I hope one day my kids have a teacher that loves them as much as you love your little kiddos. Did I ever tell you that I worked with autistic kids for a year here in VA? However, this isn't about me! :) When you guys coming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only Fox News covered teachers like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any student is lucky to have you as a teacher! You are a wonderful teacher and friend. Good luck with your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, this is why you are a teacher - you really love and care about kids! Can't wait to hear how your new job goes!!

    ReplyDelete