Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Floridian Christmas

Ben and I went to Florida to be with my family for Christmas. We had lots of fun. Here are the highlights of our trip.
  • We got to go to Ba's (nickname for my nephew) birthday party! He turned 5. CRAZY
  • I had my birthday. Ben took my shopping for it which is exactly what I wanted! My mom got my sister and me a cake so we celebrated our birthday together that evening.
  • We went to Busch Gardens and I decided I am getting too old for some of the rides. I was getting very dizzy after some of the rides and am a little sad that I can't run around like I used to.
  • We went to a family friend's house on Christmas Eve which we have been doing since I was 4! We had dinner and went Christmas caroling at an assisted living home. A lady that we go caroling to every year was spending her first Christmas there so we went there instead of to a neighborhood. She was so happy to see us and she especially liked hugging Ben. She didn't want to let go because she is a little taller and said it felt good to hug him. She said he was just the right size! We got to see Alicia who we haven't seen in a couple of years so that was fun. Also Ben loved the Lego temple that the older man, whose house we were at, built with the primary kids.
  • We had Christmas at my mom's house. My sister and her family came over and my brother and his family were there. My mom made a yummy dinner and we opened our presents. We got to talk to Ben's family and are looking forward to being there in person with them next year.
Ben was very excited for his shredder. He has been bothering me to get one for awhile!

  • My niece and nephew stayed for a sleepover. They insisted that we sleep on the airbed with them. It started out with all four of us. I left first and went to the couch. When I woke up in the middle of the night Ben was gone and was sleeping in another room. These 2 are not very good at sharing their space!
  • I got together with some high school friends. Ben and my family came along but they all left because I talked for too long. My mom was a trooper and stayed so we could go to the mall afterward. :P
  • I was able to also visit some church friends that I grew up with. Ben stayed behind...too many girls and Alyson needed him to babysit so she could come along. He is very good to me and watches my niece and nephew without complaining so that I can spend more time with my sister.
  • Ben, my mom, and I went to the Orlando Temple!

  • We went to the Manatee Viewing Center. http://www.tampaelectric.com/manatee/ When it gets cold Manatee's go looking for warmer water. They gather by the water from a Tampa power plant because the power plant pushes out warmer water. I tried to get a good picture but it was hard because they always stay a little bit under the water.

3 comments:

  1. First of all, awesome lego temple.

    Second, you guys are not allowed to have YW reunions without me! Miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved hearing about your Christmas. We are so glad that you had a fun time. We missed you. Also that Lego Temple is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a great time with family

    ReplyDelete