Friday, December 3, 2010

My favorite time of year!

I love the Christmas season. I love the lights, the music, and the cheeriness of it. December has always been a crazy, yet fun, month for my family. My brother starts off the craziness with his birthday on Dec. 6. Then my nephew's birthday is Dec. 17. My sister and I are next with a birthday on Dec. 21st and then my brother-in-law's is Dec. 23. Of course, Christmas comes next. Today I was getting some blood drawn and the lady asked me my birthday. We started talking about the craziness that it brings. She said we should just have a celebration the whole month of December and I agreed! I decided I would want to stretch our December celebration out a little bit to include Ben's birthday on Jan. 6.

Tonight we went to a Grand Illumination celebration downtown where they had a big, lit up Christmas tree and lots of lights around. Many of the buildings were set up nicely with Christmas decorations for people to see. After that we headed down to the First Friday Night Art Walk that is held every month. It was my second time going and I enjoyed it a lot. There are always so many interesting things and PEOPLE to see. My favorite tonight was the boys dancing on the median in the middle of the street.

I couldn't figure out which picture to post because one shows the lights better but the other shows us better so you get both. You're welcome! Ben and Evan decided they shouldn't have added the Grand in front of Grand Illumination because it wasn't spectacular enough to deserve the grand but I thought it was great.

I have to include a picture of our friend Evan who will be Santa tomorrow at our ward Christmas party. Ben was originally going to do it but he couldn't get the suit on! You would think the suit would be made big enough for him because it is Santa but sadly it wasn't! I would have loved to get a picture of it on him :)

2 comments:

  1. Too big for the Santa suit! What does that say???
    Missing you at Christmastime!

    ReplyDelete