Sunday, December 12, 2010

Brrr....

This last week was freezing! I don't think I have ever been this cold before. It doesn't matter how many layers you put on. Humidity makes the summer hotter and the winter colder, and it messes up your hair no matter what season. You just can't win!

We've been having lots of Christmas fun for the last couple of weeks. Last weekend was our ward Christmas Party! Ben and I were put in charge of finding Santa. We got our friend Evan to do it. I took a picture of him and posted it in my last post. At the party we were able to sneak a picture with Santa in between all the little ones who wanted to see him!

We had our first snow last weekend and to me that means Christmas. It wasn't much which is my kind of snow! Even though I grew up in Florida, when I think of snow, it still makes me think of the Holidays. :) I'm pretty sure it's because of all those Hallmark and Lifetime Christmas movies I couldn't get enough of while I was growing up.

This weekend we went on a date to see a bunch of amazingly lit up houses. We went to 6 or 7 different houses that were on the Tacky Lights Christmas Tour which is all across the U.S. We obviously didn't go further than 4 or 5 miles away. It made me excited to find out it is everywhere because I plan on looking for some in Florida when I go home. If you want to find out if there are any near you go to tackylighttour.com and put in your zip code.

I thought this one looked like a ginger bread house!

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of you guys with Santa! Too cute! And all those Christmas lights are AMAZING! I tried to look on that website to try to find some in my area, but couldn't figure it out. Oh well. Sounds like a great Christmas-time activity!

    ReplyDelete