Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lots and lots of reading.

My 2 latest books were very enjoyable and worthy of a blog post. Last week I read the third book in the Hunger Games Trilogy. It is called the Mockingjay and written by Suzanne Collins. It was much like the second where it built up the characters and the plot for the first 2/3s of the book and the last 1/3 of the book had all the good action. My favorite was by far the first in the trilogy but I would definitely recommend this one also.

This week I read Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry. It's a book that is supposed to go along with The Giver. I read The Giver so long ago that I thought I might have trouble understanding this book but that wasn't the case at all. I wasn't lost and I really liked it a lot. It was a really easy read...probably because it was meant for teens. I felt like the book taught a good lesson.

2 comments:

  1. My copy of Mockingjay came in the mail the other day, I can't wait to start reading it! I'm always looking for book recommendations, so I'll check out the Lois Lowry book if I can find it at the library. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Hunger Games series!! And I loved The Giver so I should give the other one a try...

    ReplyDelete