Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I love the Brockbank boys because...

So we share a doorstep with our neighbors. When you go up the steps, to the left is our door and to the right is our neighbor's door. Ben walked up the steps last night and went to the right. I was freaking out because I thought he forgot which door was ours. I was terrified he was going to walk into the neighbor's house. He didn't though. He knocked and offered them help to move some big furniture they had outside in their truck. I am constantly reminded by the Brockbank boys what service is and how to help others. I am ashamed to say that I would have never offered my help to the neighbors I didn't even know. Not because I am mean...I hope...I just get in my own world and forget. Ben's parents have taught their boys, and I can't forget Gwen, the importance of service and love for others around them. They don't just serve their family. They serve everyone. Whether it is going to a neighbors house to keep them company, cleaning the church building, or helping their brother move they are continually being a good example to me of how I should be.

Love you guys!

3 comments:

  1. Awww! What a great example to all of us! Sounds like you definitely snagged a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry, especially after sending Brandon off today!

    ReplyDelete