Thursday, September 30, 2010

2 month anniversary in Richmod AND 5 month anniversary for being married!

Yup. I'm the slacker. I've waited so long to post that I don't even remember all of the things we have done and it has been a lot. That means you get bullet points for all of the things I actually remember.
  • Camping with the Tracys and the Olsons at Pocahontas State Park. (Ben said it wasn't real camping because they had pretty decent bathrooms, showers, and electrical outlets.)
  • Lots of shopping with the girls here. I've become the tag along...NO I don't buy. I just wish I could.
  • A trip to the Yorktown Beach with all the M1 (first year Med students) wives. Our husbands were studying all day Saturday (we hate Monday tests!) so we came back from the beach and had dinner for them. Our friend Lara did most of the work this time!
  • I subbed...for one day :(. I am going to keep searching for sub jobs but I am back on the job hunt sort of. I'm getting frustrated that we have been here for 2 months and I still don't have things figured out. I've never gone this long without working so it is getting to be worrisome and a pain.
  • I've started cooking. Sometimes... For the last 6 years I've been on my own and in college I never made meals for just me. I've also never really liked cooking...my twin must have stolen that good quality from me! Lately I've been trying and it is getting more enjoyable...especially when Ben tells me it's good.
  • I finished another book. The title is The Lucky One and it is by Nicholas Sparks. It is about a man who was a marine and went to Iraq 3 times. While he was in Iraq he found a picture of a woman he didn't know but it became his lucky charm. After the war something tragic happens to a friend and that makes him go in search of his lucky charm because he feels he owes her something. It was a good read!
Our tent is on the left :)

The Olsons!Jack is such a cutie. I think he is slowly but steadily warming
up to Ben which excites Ben to no end!

The girls :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you posted. I miss not knowing what is happening with the two of you. We will miss you both for conference this weekend. Good luck with the job hunting. I know it is a pain! Also very fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of you and Ben camping!! Sounds like you guys have been keeping busy but also having lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete