Friday, April 22, 2011

This Florida Girl Still Has a Thing or Two to Learn

My week has been....AMAZING, FUN, PRODUCTIVE, and DELIGHTFUL and the best part is it isn't over yet! I'm having a semi-LAZY day so I figured I would get some blogging in.

Recap of last weekend: I organized my whole closet of teacher stuff and decided I wanted my spring break to be at least a little productive. Guess what...it definitely was!

I woke up Monday morning refreshed and ready to work. I cleaned my entire house from 9:30 - 5:30 (minus a break to run errands for about an hour). I decided that was the big thing I needed to do for the week so that I could play the rest of the time. Ben was impressed so he made us dinner AND baked some muffins.



Tuesday I woke up EARLY and worked on mother's day presents for my mom and Lori. I quite like how they have turned out and I am super excited to send them! I also got to spend some time with some friends I don't normally get to see during the day because I am working.

Wednesday I went to the beach with some friends from work. It was so much fun and the perfect day to be out. You would think that me being from Florida and growing up going to the beach would mean I know how to correctly apply sunscreen. Well, that would be an incorrect assumption! Look at just one of the many spots I missed!


I really enjoyed this beach. I didn't dare go into the water though!
My feet couldn't even handle it! Definitely isn't the Gulf :(


Thursday I headed to Buena Vista to visit my friend Nina. We grew up together in Sarasota and she is living only 2 hours away. She is going to school at Southern Virginia University. I was shocked at how small the school was. She said they have about 700 students and I am used to walking around a campus with over 30 thousand students. Nina showed me Buena Vista and her school. Then we met up with her boyfriend Jordan who I got to meet for the first time! We went to lunch at a nice sandwich place and then we explored Lexington. We went to many little shops, saw Washington and Lee University, walked through Virginia Military Institute, and last we went to the cemetery where Stonewall Jackson is buried.

Nina and Me: Behind us is the main hall of SVU

Nina and Jordan: Behind them is a church on Washington and Lee University campus

Behind me is the barracks on Virginia Military Institute.

Here lies Stonewall Jackson. Apparently he loved lemons so people threw
lemons on his grave. We saw quite a few on the ground.


The drive to see Nina was 2 hours each way but I didn't mind because most of the time I was driving through this. I hadn't seen mountains since Utah. (These mountains don't compare to Utah's, BUT it was beautiful and green and I JUST LOVED IT)


By now you might be asking why this whole blog was about me...and no Ben. Well, the only thing I can say Ben did this whole entire week was STUDY. He studied like crazy. He is taking two tests today so I will get my husband back soon.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you are having such a fun spring break. Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete