Friday, April 8, 2011

Wondering if Ben will EVER blog?

Sometimes I wish Ben would do a quick update now and then so I am not the only one who looks like a slacker!

*I'll start with what I left out in our last blog. We went on a date! We go on dates often but this one we had to dress up for. We went to the Med Ball back in FEBRUARY!


*Ben had Spring Break starting the week after my mom came to visit. He was assigned 20 hours of community service this year for school so he decided to come and volunteer at school with me. When he walked in with me the kids were shocked at his size and couldn't believe he was my husband. It didn't surprise me because my 2nd grade class last year called him BIG Ben. They kept asking him to touch the ceiling or things attached to the ceiling. He helped by tutoring the kids, helping Miss Patterson with work she needed done, and teaching them about where boogers come from (not really, he taught a lesson on how to stay healthy and somehow boogers were brought up).


* Another big thing here was VCU made it to the Final Four in basketball. I went to Applebees with my coworkers to watch the game. There I received my first piece of VCU apparel in a raffle. Do you think it will fit? Definitely way too big for me and way to small for Ben...


Other things to mention are:
  • I've had some interviews with school districts and am on the search for a full time teaching job. Wish me luck!
  • Ben is still obsessed with Frisbee golf. He's so obsessed that we went and ended up getting hailed on last weekend!
  • Ben is studying his days away and has made it through some pretty hard tests lately.
  • My Spring Break is in just 5 school days from today!
  • Ben and I have almost been married for a whole year!

3 comments:

  1. So fun to hear about what is happening in Virginia. Loved the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know someone whose size just might be in between yours and Ben's who could use that VCU Final Four shirt...(He even knows that it's called the Final Four and not the Top Four)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenn Beck? Really? Blehhhhh.

    I love you though :)

    ReplyDelete