Sunday, April 17, 2011

Being Productive!

We got to see Glenn Beck last Monday! We scored awesome friends and they scored awesome tickets to see Glenn Beck. We got to be Gold VIP ticket holders and went to a special meet and greet before the show where we got to shake his hand and take a picture with him. We don't have pictures with him yet but they'll come soon!



Another fun event of the week is our ward had a softball game. All the husbands played while the wives socialized. It was fun but I had a terrifying experience. I thought I left my camera at the park! I went back to look and it wasn't there. I thought I had done a thorough search of the car but in reality I had not and found it between the drivers seat and the console. PHEW!


Saturday I was very productive hence the title of my blog. My SPRING BREAK has begun and I am hoping I am able to continue to be productive through the break! When we were moving I packed up all my teaching things into boxes. During the move the boxes were ruined but we shoved them in the closet with my things anyway. I cleaned out the closet and put my teaching things in tubs and good boxes so they don't get ruined. I wish I had taken a before picture so you could have seen my stuff but I got an after picture. The during picture would have been interesting too!!



**I have to give a talk today in church :( I am not a fan of giving them at all! The talk is on President Uchtdorf's October 2010 Conference talk, "Of Things That Matter Most". It was nice to go back and read this talk again because it was one of my favorites from that Conference. Lesson learned was...Keep life simple and focus on the things that are really important. Those things are the relationships with God, your family, your fellowmen, and yourself.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could have been there to hear you talk. I am sure you did a great job. Miss you guys so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky duck!I hope you have a wonderful (and productive) spring break!!! I want one of those again!!!

    I'm going to have to go back and read that talk from Elder Uchtdorf... sounds great!

    ReplyDelete