Sunday, August 29, 2010

Quality Time


After a ridiculously long week where Ben studied all the time and I was bored out of my mind we were able to enjoy a great weekend! Friday evening we had a BBQ with some couples from the ward to celebrate some of the boys being able to relax a little. After the BBQ we had root beer floats (ick root beer....I had a Dr. Pepper float instead) and played games. Saturday we went to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts with the Badgers and the Andersons. It was a great museum. Before this I told Ben I wanted to do something new every Saturday so we could 1. Spend time together 2. See all the cool stuff around and 3. Know what there is to do when we have people visit. I definitely think the museum was worthy of a visit :)

By the way, Ben started The Mockingjay on Friday night and finished it Saturday night! I haven't read it yet but I am very excited to.


The whole group at the VMFA. The Badgers are in the
middle and the Andersons are on the right.



Ben has surprised me here. I've never been around him when babies are in the room. That is definitely not the case here because EVERYONE has babies. We hang out with the Badgers a lot and as soon as Ben sees Noah he goes right for him. He wanted to hold him the whole time we were at the museum. I don't blame him. Noah is a cutie and a really good kid :)


When looking at this piece of art Evan said,"That's what the chair
looks like after I sit in it." Made me laugh because Ben is always
worried about breaking chairs...


We were walking around for a while and Ben was holding Noah so
Cindy decided to take advantage of the empty seat.


1 comment:

  1. I totally know what it's like to only have quality time with your husband on the weekends... but looks like you've figured it out already that you just make the most of the time you do have! Looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete