Saturday, July 31, 2010

Thank you public library

We've made it to Virginia safe and sound. I'll be posting pics of our journey soon but we have no Internet which means we had to come to the public library to even check our mail. Sad news...facebook is BLOCKED! I guess I am going to have to survive another couple of days without it.

We are having trouble with our apartment. It is really nice with freshly painted walls and new carpet BUT it has a major problem. It smells like Ben and I are chain smokers! We're trying to see if the office will either put us in another apartment or help us get the smell out. This means no unpacking for us and it means we don't want to set the Internet up yet. Our big moving truck should be getting here Tuesday so we are hoping we have things figured out by then!

We've seen some really interesting people here so far. We are definitely NOT in Utah anymore. We got to our apartment complex around 4:30 yesterday and the maintenance guy named Walter asked where we were from. We said Utah and he said, "Ohhhh you are some of those people." I hope he likes "those people".

2 comments:

  1. Alyse - I hope you don't mind I found your blog through Lori's. My name is Jessica I went to high school with Ben. I'm glad to hear you arrived safely -- and good luck with the "smoker" appartment.

    ReplyDelete