Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Memorial Day Camping Trip! (Finally)

We went to Peeks of Otter in the Blue Ridge Mountains for a 3 night camping trip! It was so much fun to get away but it was no fun not taking a shower for 3 days. I think all the husbands secretly loved being dirty and getting away with not taking a shower but the women sure didn't. Here are pictures of our fun trip with our amazing friends.

We started off every morning and ended every evening with delicious meals. These 3 took charge a lot of the time to make sure we were fed :)


Our first day there we found a frisbee golf course (Ben is obsessed STILL). We played 18 holes which definitely starts to wear on your arm. I made it the whole way and surprised myself by having a very fun time.


That night we sat around the campfire and I brought out my favorite treats! I am not a smores girl at all (I don't like marshmallows). Camping and sitting around a fire is not right for me unless I have my oreos and twizzlers!


The next day we went on a hike and it was beautiful!



After the hike we went to a waterhole that Evan grew up going to. My husband is a goof ball and definitely gets sick of me taking pictures!


But I thought he was an even bigger goof ball when I saw he was sharing the water with a bunch of cows.


It may look like Ben and I were by ourselves for the trip but here are a few group pictures to prove we weren't. We've made some really great groups of friends out here. The group we went camping with is special to us because we have family night with them every Monday. We love them tons and appreciate their friendships!





2 comments:

  1. Such fun pictures! Ben should be used to having his picture taken after all the years with his mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! It makes me want to get out our camping stuff and go right now!

    ReplyDelete